Andy Engel, long-time producer from Gotham Comedy Club, who also runs the Manhattan Comedy School, is running a really fun, exciting contest for professionals in many fields, searching for “New York’s Funniest Professional!” The GRAND PRIZE will be $1000. , a guest spot on Gotham’s “New Talent” Show, and a guest spot on Gotham’s “All Star” showcase, as well as additional gifts from sponsors.
So all of you people out there laboring in different professions, knowing you can be as funny as the comics you see on TV or on stage who are already doing it, this is your big chance to show us what you’ve got. Bring your “A” game!
Submissions must be in by May 4th and contestants will be announced on May 5th. Each profession will have different nights to perform, and that info is listed below.
There will be prizes in 8 categories, so even if you don’t take 1st place you can still win in 7 other places!
For the preliminary rounds every comic will receive two tickets to a future Gotham show and anyone that knows Gotham knows they get the best talent to perform there! Plus each comic will receive a FREE HD video download of their performance!
Go to this link IMMEDIATELY and download the submission information http://www.manhattancomedyschool.com/new-yorks-funniest-professional/
The final show will have a celebrity host, so no matter what you’re doing when you read this, jump up from your desk right now and get ready to enter! And make sure to tell Andy Engel that I sent you, and that Comedy Matters!!!
|Gotham Comedy Club &Manhattan Comedy School Present: “NEW YORK’S FUNNIEST PROFESSIONAL”Grand Prize of $1,000
Are you the funniest person in your workplace? Prove it! Compete against hilarious workers to find out which profession is the funniest, win big prizes, and become New York’s Funniest Professional in the largest amateur comedy competition in New York.
· The competition will be two rounds. Each comedian will perform in one of the ten (+) preliminary rounds according to his/her field of work.
· 12 contestants will be accepted for each industry
· One comic from each preliminary round will move onto the finale.
· On each night, two judges will score comics on stage presence, originality, and most importantly, audience reaction.
· Each comedian will get a 5 minute set.
Submission Deadline: May 4th
Contestants Announced: May 5th
· Advertising/Marketing/Digital Market – May 19th 7pm
· Food Industry (Waiters / Bartenders/ etc.) – May 19th 9:30pm
· Actors – May 20th 7pm
· Lawyers – May 28th 9:30pm
· Teachers – June 2nd 7pm
· Housewives/Husbands – June 2nd 9:30pm
· Real Estate – June 3rd 7pm
· Sales Rep/Retail – June 11th 7pm
· College Students – June 11th 9:30pm
· Tradesman (Mechanics, Plumbers, Electricians, Construction, etc) – June 17th7pm
· Journalists / On-air TV Reporters / Bloggers – June 24th 9:30pm
· Finals – July 15th 7pm
There will be a celebrity host for the final show.
Follow this link and fill out the entire submission form.
Submit here: New York’s Funniest Submission Form
*Filling out a submission form does not guarantee admission into the contest. There are a limited number of spots for each industry. We will contact people with a confirmation if they have been accepted or not. All accepted contestants will be announced May 5th.
*There is NO entry fee for this competition.
However, there is a bringer requirement of 15 guests per round (2 rounds total). The shows have a $12 cover + 2 drink minimum.
· Preliminary Round
o Every comic receives two tickets to Gotham Comedy Club to be used on future shows
o Every comic receives a free high definition video download of their performance
First Place – $1000 cash
· Meet and greet with the Owner of Gotham Comedy Club Chris Mazzilli
· One guest spot on Gotham’s “New Talent” and one guest spot on Gotham’s “All Star” Showcases
· Additional gifts from our sponsors
Second Place – $500 cash
· 1 Guest spot on a Gotham “All-Star” showcase
· 1 Guest spot on a Gotham New Talent show
Free class at The Manhattan Comedy School ($400 value)
4th – 8th place
Gift from our Sponsors ($250 Restaurant Gift Certificates)